PE, CCA & Aesthetics
Every pupil to make a mark in the realm of Sports, Outdoor Education and the Arts.
|1||Mr Aaron Koh Sheng Min||Head of Department PE, CCA & Aesthetics|
|2||Mr Muhammad Izree Jalil
||Subject Head HE & CCA (Covering)|
|3||Mr Yeong Cheng Yue Raphael||Teacher|
|4||Mdm Lee Lai Wan Lena||Teacher|
|5||Mr Chong Wen Qian||Teacher|
|6||Mr Chua Minghan||Teacher|
|7||Mdm Lee Pik Khuen||Teacher|
|8||Miss Judith Ogawa||Teacher|
|9||Miss Chua Lean Woon||Teacher|
|10||Miss Wong Yu Ling||Teacher|
|11||Mrs Cheong Jee Chin||Contract Adjunct Teacher|
|12||Mr Ong Kai Sin||Allied Educator (AED)|
|13||Mr Muhammad Ridhwan Bin Noor Hasman||School Programme Executive (SPE)|
Key Programme & Events
|No.||Programme / Event||Term|
|1||Outdoor Education @ RMPS||1 - 4|
|2||Programme for Active Learning (PAL)||1 - 4|
|3||Play @ Recess||1 - 4|
|4||SwimSafer Programme||1 - 2|
|5||NAPFA Test (P4 & P6)||2 - 3|
|6||RMPS Jog-A-Walk And Family Day||2|
|7||School Health Visit||2|
|8||CCA Leaders' Day||2|
|12||Sports Education Programme (SEP)||4|
|14||Digital Art (P1 to P4)||1 - 4|
|15||E-music (P1 to P4)||1 - 4|
|16||Classical Music Instrumental Play (P4 to P6)||1 - 4|
|17||P5 Ceramics||2 - 4|
|18||Open Mic Lunch Concert||1 - 4|
CCA Policies and Guidelines
“Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs) are an integral part of the holistic, well-rounded education that we seek to provide for our pupils. In particular, CCAs help nurture in pupils qualities associated with I&E – specifically, a certain ruggedness characterised by qualities like resilience, tenacity, confidence and perseverance, which will better prepare them to adapt and thrive in a rapidly changing world.” (MOE, 2004)
Here at Radin Mas Primary School, we believe that CCA is an important component in delivering a holistic education to our pupils. Therefore, we offer a broad range of CCA, which include Physical Sports, Uniformed Groups, Visual & Performing Arts, and Clubs and Societies to cater to the diverse interest of our pupils.
CCA for All
- Every pupil from P3 to P6 is required to participate in a CCA as part of their holistic education in the school.
- CCA is held on Friday, during curriculum hours. Therefore, all P3 to P6 pupils are required to attend CCA training/ practices.
- Pupils must inform their respective CCA teachers if they are feeling unwell or are excused from CCA.
- Pupils are strongly encouraged to attend additional CCA training/ practices after curriculum hours to prepare for competitions, performances or exhibitions (if any).
CCA Transfer Request
- In order to inculcate the values of resilience and responsibility, pupils are strongly advised against changing CCA, unless accompany by valid reason(s).
- However, the school recognises the need to provide opportunities for pupils to explore and develop their interest in CCA. Therefore, only P4 and P5 pupils are allowed to change CCA ONCE in their entire primary school education in Radin Mas Primary School.
- Pupils who wish to change CCA are to seek verbal approval from their parents/ guardians and current CCA teacher-in-charge.
- Once verbal approval is given, pupils are advised to complete and submit the 'CCA Transfer Request Form', which can be obtained from the General Office, to the Subject Head of CCA.
- CCA transfer request will only be accepted during Term 1 of the current school year, so as to avoid disruption to the preparation of CCA competitions, performances or exhibitions.
- Please note that the allocation of CCA will be based on the vacancy of the preferred CCA. If the enrolment is full, the transfer request will be rejected.
Pupils are recognised for their achievements and contributions in their CCA through:
- MOE EAGLES Award
- RMPS Excellence in CCA Award
- Official record in the School Cockpit System